Skip to main content

BROc(KE)tober


When the unnecessary becomes necessity... 


Here's the thing. 
When I walked into a store, I saw a super cute thing (which eventually became not too cute anymore by the time I got home) hanging in a mannequin. My alter ego (the evil one) said, "you have to have it! X dress will absolutely look stunning with those pair of shoes" or something like, "get it while it's HOT! you'll look super gorgeous with those leather pants, matched with the X shoes." WHILE the other one whispered, "you already have too much! don't you remember how much unworn shoes you had back home?"
And you know what? The mannequin made it worse. 
Have you watched "Confessions of a Shopaholic"? The mannequin made all things that attached to it look even prettier. Silly but, when I saw shoes on the rack, I believe they scream something like, "save me!" just like when you see dogs that begged for rescue in a new home. 
That exactly what happened when I stumbled across these beautiful, purple, shiny pair of "Made in Italy" shoes that I bought recently. I believe it worth every penny, but....

and anyway...
the next scene would be, I tried them on, loved it, and immediately I reflect an image when and where would I wear them...  and went straight to the cashier.


In the other hand, technology doesn't help. As a matter of fact, it makes everything easier... to shop.
Thanks to the technology! Now I can buy all things I need want with a single click and thanks to PayPal that make all transactions safe and less risky. 


This has to stop. 
What's this month again? October? or BROKEtober in my calendar!
Oh please, it doesn't as funny as it sounds. I've been spending too much this whole month and I couldn't stop.

I need a detox and no matter what or where, detox will be painfully hurt but desperately needed.
I never ever thought I'd be doing this, but ladies, I think it's the right time for me to enter my black period.
Yup. When you shop till you drop and you don't know how to stop, black period is the only solution (as long as you OBEY the rules). Anyway, black period is a period that you set in advance to stop all unnecessary expenses.

BLACK PERIOD
What: no new dresses, no new shoes, no new accessories, no new handbags, and no new lingeries.
When: Oct 20th - Dec 20th (just in time to buy Xmas gift )
Where: Indonesia only (vacation is excluded)
Exclusion: my bidding item on eBay, my Mom's bday gift, Ne-Yo ticket, and hair cut

This is my first time. So everyone, wish me luck!! 
In a meantime, I have to avoid all email updates from Saks, Net-a-Porter, Ideeli, and (hard to say) eBay
and The Outnet. 
I'll substitute my browsing time to something more useful like cooking (!), reading, or even watch TV series that has nothing to do with shopping (bye bye Carrie..) And when I work, I'll work. (I often cheated my work time by sneaking into shopping websites (au revoir luisaviaroma, polyvoretopshop, bluefly)

CONCLUSION

Shopwalking  Blogwalking (avoid fashion blogs!)
Sex and The City  CSI:NY or Dexter or True Blood
Browsing  Cook, sports
eBay-ing write/read book
Female Daily Forum Kaskus
PurseBlog Forum The Yellow Community/Amy Winehouse Forum.
VISA/MasterCard CASH/Debit card only


There! What did I miss?


XfingercrossedX


this is soooooo yesterday! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised