Skip to main content

Terrific two

Darling son celebrated his 2nd birthday on last August. I wish I could write more but it's been a hectic ride these past months.. 








When he entered 2 years old, wow i mean TWO. 
My friends were like, beware of the "terrible two" phase. I read at some articles that the phase is kinda real. So i was preparing myself, but when it finally came.... Boy it hit me like a perfect storm. 
Yes Vale is stubborn. He is tough, dominant, rough-player, headstrong, brave, and strong (you wouldn't believe what he can do with his tiny bod!) I don't like the word "terrible two" so I chose "terrific two" instead.

And I'm completely the opposite. I am soft, spoiled, sensitive. Once I thought, I had this tough task. How to handle this little devil? I will write some of his antics here.. 

1. Words to live by everyday are : No pushing, no kicking, no hitting, no biting. He does that all the time. He's in pre school now, so he has a lot of "friends" a.k.a. victims. Whenever he walk past his friend, he pushed him. Or sitting on him. Or hit him. Yes out of nowhere, for no reason. Let's say he does that for sports. Mr D blame his attitude to my obsession with Benson Henderson during my pregnancy. LOL. I was a huge fan back then, watched UFC almost every night.  

2. Vale is now exploring his ability to talk/string the sentences. But sometimes he use it for bad purpose. For example, he has this 101 excuses pre-bath time. He said mama I want to play first. I want this or that. Til I lose my temper and drag him to the shower. And oh, it happens everyday. *sigh 

3. When I said no to "A", then he will do it. Vale, hands off your mouth! Next thing I know, he will happily put his hands in his mouth. He did it on purpose, no? I was tired to keep yelling at him, so then I decided to make his hands as clean as possible all the time. And as I decreasing my complaints, the habits slowly gone. Aha! He was TEASING me. Mind-tricks. 

4. Physical activities still atrract him the most, BUT he take it to the extreme. Vale love sliding, but he doesn't just slide. He's walking upside down on the slide. First I was afraid, but now I'm getting used to it. Other mothers look at me like, "wth his mom let her son to do such thing?!". He also love lifting. He loves playing with stepladder, there's so much he can do with it. And when he bored, he just lift it. Again, you wouldn't believe me but I have some videos when he did it. LOL 

5. He loves to dance.. On the table. Why oh why? Floor is no longer interesting for you?! And what is his type of music? Ones that we sing at Sunday School! Such as: "kingkong badannya besar" and "laskar kristus". LOL. And my sister like, naughty boy loves religious songs! What an irony. 

6. Vale called us with our first name. He would call, "mama... Mama.." But when I didn't pay attention, he would scream, "intan come here!" So like he did to his papa, teachers, grandma, and our families whom he know the names. 

7. Sit still is a miracle for him. So when we go out eating outside, we have to make sure the restaurant provide a baby chair that has strap in it. Otherwise he will climb up the table or run away from us. Same thing happened when we go out to the mall, he never want one of us hold his hands. He want to walk by himself most of the time. That is why we canceled our planned trips this year. We afraid we can't control him and we will not enjoy the trip cos we're busy catch him run around.


Despite his antics, he too has this sweet milestones during his first months of 2nd year.. 

1. I completely weaned him from breastfeeding when he was 2y1w. I said that oh my breast is hurt, You can no longer breastfeed on me. Here's the trick, I put on my red lipstick all over my nipples and pretend that it's blood spilling. And that I was hurt. To my surprise, he chose to understand and drink UHT milk from the glass instead. Ahahahaha. It was biggest milestone. Bittersweet cos he's been breastfed for two years and now he has to stop. But with no whinning, no crying, no drama, nothing! Proud of my big boy!! 

2. As soon as his teeth were completed, his appetite gone back to normal. And when he stop breastfeeding, he became an eating monster. I was like in disbelief when I watched my son eat that much that day. I think I'll never ever forget the day. The day when Vale finished his food and even he wanted more! (Which never ever happened before). My helper also teared up a bit cos she's the one who witnessed my struggle during meal time.. From then, it only get better. Thank God! Finally hear my prayers.. 

3. He's already potty trained. There are still some incidents but he's making a great progress!

4. We built this ritual before sleep cos he used to sleep during breastfeed so now he has some new adjustment. He will drink his milk/water and then brush his teeth. Change his clothes to pajama and wash his face hands foot After saying our prayers, we usually read some books. And then, finally..... This little devil went to sleep! Hahaha. *dancing* 

Mr D & I are very happy when finally Vale sleep. Cos really, it's sooooo tiring to play with him all day. Can you imagine how I feel. He is a very active toddler, which I have to pay attention all the time. Otherwise he would do some dangerous things. Like, climbing to the stove, open the fridge - take some eggs and break them-, or little did I know he will climb up to Mr D's work desk and destroy everything. I've read somewhere that if your toddler is quiet, check on him immediately! Cos chances are, he did something dangerous. LOL, couldn't be further than the truth. 



-------------------------
And...... *drumroll please* 

I'm expecting baby #2 


After long hours of conversations and considerations, we finally decided to get pregnant again. Most of all, because we thought  with Vale's character, he should have a sibling. At least one. So he won't be that egocentric. And why now? Cos my sister told me that it's good to have a baby on year of monkey (2016) or dog (2018). We ended up choosing 2016 cos 2018 might be too far from Vale's age we afraid he might not get along with his baby brother/sister. 


So yeah, cheers to the new chapter of life! Being a mother to two will surely make a huge difference than to one, but one thing i'm sure of, I can't contain myself with the happiness I'll get. Wish me luck! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised