Skip to main content

Dramatically..

Sepang 2011

around the circuit

So I've made it to Malaysia again this year. Was in a full 100% spirit when I stepped in Malaysia airport, never knew a very sad thing would happen in a matter of days.

Arrived on 20th, we got plenty of time watching from free practice 1 to 3 plus warm up and qualification. And of course, a short trip to the city in between stint to the circuit. Lucky star stayed around us cos we had a chance to met Valentino Rossi himself at one of our trip to Bukit Bintang. Where we previously just went there to eat at Sushi King. We walked around and near Lot 10, my bf saw Ducati banner everywhere so we stopped by. Surprisingly, Vale were there! We've waited for him, and there he arrived. Launching a new Duc motor for the first time in Malaysia.
Valentino and I met again the next day and also the day after at the meet and greet.



Ducati's launching new bike @ Lot 10

VR memorabilia. Could you die?

Men in this trophy are the bravest on earth

catch up with VR official fans!

Here comes VR himself

Security and rules were  more strict than last year, we had to be accompanied by one security (per person). Both photographs and bring our own merchandise were not allowed. How shitty was that? But when I arrived at Nicky (Hayden) table, I gave Valentino our photo from last year so he can sign on it and he did! Moreover he said that he remembered me. Aside from bullshit or not, I was just head over heels cos he's being so nice! He also signed an official cap that I'd give to my brother. Too bad I couldn't pass his message. Kenrick bbm me, "tell Valentino that 'my little brother like you very much and he prays for you everyday'" How cute! The security was so harsh, he pushed me away from the table and told me to go out!! Very rude. 


yay!

he completed it. Grazie Vale xx

took this pic cos it had a same color with my shorts. LOL

Fast forward to Sunday, the race was on. I decided to sit at the front of starting grid. Seeing riders like next to us, did their rituals and routine before race was PRICELESS. I knew the consequences, couldn't see the entire race, like when the riders overtake each other. But I insisted. I sat right beside Marco Simoncelli. He was in posistion #4, we screamed like Marco Marco! But he just sat in his motorcycle, covered his head with towel. A minute before race, I could clearly see that his Dad hugged him. Where Valentino hugged by his longtime mechanic, Jerry Burgess. The green light's on, and there I was, fascinated with how fast they were! Although it's my 2nd trip, but I still mesmerized by them. 

we're so ready to see the race!


Marco :'( on second row (5th position)

5 minutes before the tragedy :'(

BUT

the next five minutes, audiences like, "Ohhhhhh!" I saw from the flat screen, a crashed. Turned out, 58, 5, and 46 were involved. I gutted, ah VR not again!! But then, red flagged! I was like, wtf happened? I checked on my twitter, cos I couldn't hear the guys (whom reported live). Simoncelli had a very serious injury, he barely move and the worst, his helmet got OFF!! As far as I may concern, A helmet never comes off like ever, on a crash. We're like anxiously waiting.. 

my bf was waiting for the race (after red flagged)

Thirty minutes passed by, I saw medical guys running around and a helicopter near the medical center. Couple minutes later, Dorna (/motoGP owner) Carmelo Ezpeleta walked to paddock (or the office) I'm not sure. It was critical! The situation heated up, moreover the riders started to change their racing suit to a normal shirt. In the next ten minutes or so, it was announced, that "due to Marco Simoncelli crashed, motoGP, Dorna, and SIC (Sepang Int'l Circuit) decided to cancel the race." 

the mad audiences threw empty cans to the circuit

Audiences started to boo and there's someone threw empty bottles and cans to the circuit, later followed by thousands other people! We're so panicked, cos we didn't know what else to do! The situation at the circuit was such a mess. Everyone's yelling and angry. I desperately wanted to know what went wrong till the race being cancelled. We sheered away from our seat and when we went out of the crowd, I saw in the big screen riders' sad faces, and later I found out that Marco Simoncelli has passed away! 

I didn't believe it, so again, I checked my twitter and I read @birtymotogp tweet, which a trusted source. He said that Marco succumbed from his injury. RIP Marco Simoncelli.
There! I told my bf and couple friends whom travel with us that he's gone. We're in a state of shock. I was like, oh God not again! After Amy, now You've taken away Marco! He was one of a kind, despite his behavior on track that often endangered others, but he's very talented! I believe that he's Valentino successor, thank to his youthful exuberance, sharp wit, and larger than life personality. and of course, his talent.

We left circuit in mourning, I saw some people cried... So sad, I cried myself, couldn't believe it happened. Cos my bf just met him on Saturday, he asked his signature but Marco replied in his Italian accent, "sorry, no pen". And then I saw him five minutes before he crashed when he was hugged by his father! *sigh
My thoughts goes to those who loved him, his father & mother, his whole family, friends, and everyone in motoGP paddock and also for all 58 fans. 
I'm sure he will be missed a lot... for many years to come. 

never knew it was the last time we met him :'( Ciao Marco

RIP Marco Simoncelli (1987 - 2011)






PS: photos coming soon! can't find my camera! 
PSS: found it! click for actual size 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised