Skip to main content

flawless



Seeing all those famous faces walk the red carpet with flawless skin, makes me wonder what do they apply on their skin? 
With my minimum acknowledgement in beauty world, I decided to walk into one of make up store that currently have a make over. They finally open first flagship store in Bandung, complete with make up supplies for professional make up artist (MUA). So the makeover thingy is a promotional stint. I desperately wanna know what's the secret of flawless skin. I have normal (tend to oily) skin with quite big pores around nose area. Using foundation only doesn't help much. It doesn't cover perfectly. I thought, MUFE is one of my fav brand too.. So why not give it a shot?

I know the daily treatment ritual is as important to maintain flawless skin. I'm using Clinique as my main facial treatment and recently I tried la Mer. I've been using Crème de la Mer for a month now as my night cream, in hoping to get healthier and pore-less skin. Baby steps, it helps a bit. I think I'll use it for a very long time. 


Shortly, yesterday I went to Make Up For Ever new store at Bandung Supermall to get a make over. As far as I concern, here's the list of products that applied on my face:

Gentle Milk

First of all she cleaned my face using Gentle Milk. After my skin ready to received all those make up, then she started. 

  • Step 1: PRIMER
She pat HD Primer #7 (after blend it with HD elixir) on my face. It helps to add radiance and prepare my face before make up session. The HD Primer comes in 6 color-correcting shades and one transparent shade to correct skin imperfections. The Elixir is actually a serum to help tighten our face, but I don't see the difference. 

HD Primer


HD elixir

   
  • Step 2: CORRECTOR
Blessed are those women who already have smooth skin without zits, dark spots, and blackheads. But as we all know, we mostly do have the aforementioned skin problems. Hence, the corrector. For that reason, my MUA recommended me to use 5 Camouflage Cream Palette. Thanks to their highly concentrated in pigments, they are perfect for covering dark spots and unifying the complexion. There are several shades, depend on your needs. However after applied it on my skin my dark spots and other imperfection eventually disappear. 
She also used the dark shade from corrector to sculpt my face.
5 Camouflage Cream Palette

  • Step 3: FOUNDATION
Since I usually use Mat Velvet foundation, I chose Face & Body for alternative. She said it gives us dewy look. I already knew that and actually it's the reason why I never buy it in a first place, I love matte finish actually. But nothing to lose, so I give it a try. My MUA blended two colors and mix it with Uplight for adding glow. She applied it with Ellipse Sponge till she achieved "evenness". Finally, she added Loose Powder to finish the "face" section.
Face & Body
Uplight
Ellipse sponge

Loose Powder

     
  • Step 4: EYES
When she asked about what theme I'd like to pick, I quickly said "glamorous" with red lips. I didn't want my eyes look too heavy but she insisted to try on the smoky look. Alright then. She used Aqua Cream #1 (anthracite) and #2 (steel) to create smoky eyes look. To be honest, I think aqua cream is not that easy to apply. It is highly pigmented but hard to blend. I'd rather use the usual eyeshadow (powdery one), cos my make up skill level isn't that high. 
After applied the Aqua Cream, she used Aqua Black waterproof cream eyeshadow as eyeliner and top off with Aqua Smoky Lash mascara. I must say I loved it but will keep up with the usual powder eyeshadows.

Aqua smoky lash

 
Aqua cream swatches #1 and #2

Aqua black

  • Step 5: Cheeks
The MUA use HD Cream Blush as blush on, she dab it very carefully to avoid cake-y finish. It is indeed challenging cos I always end up having a different thickness between right and left cheek. For this matter, again, I'm gonna stick to my powdery blush on. Well the result was GREAT (only when done correctly!) 

HD Blush
 

  • Step 6: LIPS
I requested earlier to have a red lips, so she chose the reddest shade in store. Called "MOULIN ROUGE" from Rouge Artist Intense lipstick range. You know what? I didn't like it. The texture was okay, like all my MUFE lipsticks. It moisturized my lips, but it doesn't last long. I'd still prefer YSL or Chanel for its longevity and pigment. And this will always be my fave red shade.

Rouge Intense Artist "Moulin Rouge"

  • Step 7: FINISHING
After all make up done, she finished it with applying HD Powder with kabuki brush. She said the extremely fine powder can sets the foundation and matifies the skin without changing its natural contours. I absolutely loved it and my make up lasts all night (I only did one touch up before the party) I assumed it helps a lot even when I didn't use my trustworthy Mat Velvet foundation. I ain't need blot paper whatsoever.
HD Powder


Overall, I was happy with the result. At least now I know what's the secret formula of having flawless skin (based on MUFE). I didn't walk home empty handed, I bought Primer #7 and HD powder. Anyway, on this post I tried to review my make over by MUFE. I bet there are hundreds products out there that worth to try. But from now on, I guess I'm gonna stick with it until I find better products to play with. The brushes also play an important role to achieve flawless skin, but MUFE brushes cost a bomb :( I know it's an investment. Maybe I'll consider to buy it one at a time.




Been waiting to see the result? Well here it is..
Since I hate the red shade that MUFE had to offer, as soon as I got home I immediately removed it and changed it to my nude-pinkish lip color from Burberry called Burberry nude rose. What do you think, which one is better? And also I added my fave shimmer, Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in bronze. (that's the reason of my glowing cheeks!) LOL

I was happy as I finally get the result I wanted (flawless skin). The products that applied in my face really covered my imperfection. The only thing that I didn't like about the make over was the lipstick. It didn't match with my already-heavy eyes. 
But of course, make up only helps you to look good outside. Don't forget to wear your best accessories, SMILE :) because real beauty comes from within. 






sneak peek from MUFE products




in store



after get my hair done



Burberry nude rose lipstick
at the party with my sister




Comments

elissa said…
for me, i prefer to combine the red lipstick with the light eye makeups rather than the heavy ones. however, u look stunning. :)
Intan Juliana said…
@elissa
Me either! But the MUA insisted to put on the smoky eyes look, that's why I changed my lip color before the party. Kindly check my other post "RED", I tried simple eye make up looks with red lipstick.

Thank you, Cha ;)

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised