Skip to main content

two hours






...three hours max is a common time we need to finish a wedding reception. BUT it takes more than a year to prep that!! how crazy is that. INSANE but it is what it is :( And I'm getting so fed up with the preparation. I honestly think that "marriage" in Indonesia (I don't know in other part of the world) is really exploited. People tend to jump into this business cos it's so tantalizing. There are lots of my friends who turned into photographers, decorators, wedding organizers, make up artists, and so on. The business is literally mushroomed. I went to the wedding exhibition one day and met my friends, and I was like "Oh you're a photographer now? Okay. Good luck!" and "what, wedding organizers? thank you." also "IDR 7.5mill for a make up fee? Well.. lemme think about it first."



I'm just so amazed... with how a marriage concept turned into nowadays. We're so busy thinking about the pre-wedding pictures, decorations, music and entertainment, the dress etc etc. I mean, it's inevitable. When I met a so called wedding planner, he showered me these questions "who will take your pre wedding pictures?" "what is your wedding theme?" "who's your MC?" and he revealed some ridiculous wedding themes with silly amount we should pay for it. and for the record, it's only for two hours y'all. i don't get the idea of wedding party = "impress others" thingy. because no matter how good or bad your party is, there's always someone who talk shit about you and sadly, your wedding. sometimes i love how a wedding ceremony in the other part of the world, where the bride and the groom exchange their vows and then party at their backyard or go to the nearest restaurant with their closest friends & family. dance the night away and experience an unforgettable wedding.


to be honest, my fear about what will happen the next day is exceeding even the worst nightmare that could happen in a wedding party. say, wardrobe malfunction. okay it's embarrassing, but people will only laugh at it and eventually forget about that and move on. while on the other side, we can't have any "malfunction" in our new household. being in a marriage needs a serious commitment that lasts a lifetime. and you will not live by yourself no more. there will be a husband to take care of, a child that you will born and raise, and of course a healthy household that you have to maintain. it's just freaking me out, somehow when i fall in my lowest i questioned myself again and again whether i'm ready or not. my friend easily said, "just go with the flow." but no. marriage is not a "go with the flow" thing, my friend. we have to prepare ourselves for everything (mentally prioritised).


bottom line is, every girl dreams about her perfect fairy tale wedding. so am i. but i don't wanna lulled in this fantasy. i need to keep my feet on the ground. i have to be realistic. i don't wanna spend my last single year with dizzying about my wedding party. this is not where my journey ends.. as a matter of fact, marriage is where it begins. and it begins right after you thank your very last guest and kiss your parents goodbye.




P.S. there is NO turning back




Comments

elissa said…
i really like this post, tan :). just like fairy tales, a happy ending is the moment when the princess kisses the prince on their wedding day. IMO, many girls tend to think that way, a marriage is a happy ending. in fact, a marriage is only the beginning and it's far from a happy ending. and i do agree that we should be smart in allocating our fund for a wedding ceremony (maybe unless u r filthy rich haha). it's true that it's just for 3 hours! and no matter how expensive the gown or the decor, ppl will forget it. :)

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised