Skip to main content

conceal conceal conceal



Ever suffered from sleep deprived?

Oh yeah, here goes the series of sleepless nights.. I actually a night person. Since I spend my daytime mostly outside the house, I usually arrive in my bed (after bath and stuff) about 10-ish PM every.single.day. So I kinda  treasure it, my "me time". When I could happily try out my new clothes (or clothes that I never worn), visit (and periodically cleaning) my shoes, play with my dogs, read books, write blogs, etc. In short, I always sleep over midnight. 

Unhealthy? I know. That's why I tried to burn the bad habit little by little. I've promised myself to sleep 12AM max on weekdays. I don't want to show up late on my 7AM yoga classes no more, for God's sake.. It went well until.....
My sister "kindly" exacerbate the situation by haunting me with horror stories that she experienced in her room.. Sound of little girl cycling upstairs on wee hours is the least thing I wanna hear before my beauty sleep! Here's the strange thing, my sister almost experienced a creepy night once a week for the least. Scary innit.

It happens all the time in her room, never in mine (knock knock on the wood) And that's the thing that I never fully understand till this very day. Is there "something" in her room? Is it because the empty room next to hers? Doesn't she faithful enough? Many questions in mind. But I must admit that the little girl  story is by far, the scariest I've heard. There were some horrible dreams, vivid sight of a woman with long hair, sound of knocked door, etc. But this little girl?! Come on now.

I've been affected and so I couldn't sleep properly recently. I couldn't count on counting sheep anymore. Ain't it weird that my brave sissy isn't taking it seriously. Either she's getting used to it, or real fearless? Like, for real. It still confuse me she didn't even beg me to sleep with her! In fact, she still sleep in that room (a room so dark cos the light always goes on and off). Even though there's a significant distance between my room and hers, I still feel eery. And when the Junghans chiming 12 times, it feels soooo spooky. I'm such a big baby I know.

-----------------
Back to earth, 

I woke up just to find out the dark circle under my eyes has gone bigger and darker. Shit. I was like, "thank you sis!" Although she's not the one to blame. I mean, she's fine. She just heard spooky things and that's it. The problem is me, for perceived those too seriously. 

Anyway, I believe there's always good comes out of bad situation. If I didn't experience sleepless nights and had dark circles as dark as as clouds on rainy days, I wouldn't buy this amazing concealer. 
I don't really use concealer actually. I was confused in what concealer should I get cos it's not that cheap. 

After nation wide vote (don't you feel like I resemble Ryan?) Finally, I bought myself Bobbi Brown creamy concealer kit (reformulated).  Why reformulated? Beside changes of the casing, it also comes with new formula (less creamy) and the pale yellow powder is now pressed (loose before).
I chose the shade "Sand" as it's the one that match with my skin and my pressed powder from Bobbi also in "White Sand" shade. I feel very satisfied with the result. I can't compare with the previous version of this kit cos I don't have it. But this one feels so soft and blend so easily in my skin. It covers my imperfection in one single swipe. However, I must apply eye cream firstly before. I read reviews from various websites and they mostly complain about how it creases easily. I've notices that it creases a little but I solved that by gently  tapping it with my finger. I don't use brush applicator cos I feel more comfortable using my own finger (the ring one) so I can feel the thickness and texture.

This is my third try, it kinda look white-y, but maybe I haven't done it right? It indeed brightens my panda eyes. After all, make up is all about learning. It gets better eventually. One thing for sure, it conceals. 

And is there any way to conceal spooky things around the house? I would definitely buy and repurchase it! 

Bobbi Brown creamy concealer kit

the result

********EDIT*********


this is my forth try. i did slightly better by putting a foundation first. on the photo above, i didn't apply any foundation cos i was going to work. this morning, i tried to tap a little foundation. maybe i'll do a full make up look later on weekend...perhaps? will keep you posted :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised