Skip to main content

birthing madness



I just spent two wholly hours to watch YouTube videos. This time, not Amy's videos unfortunately (sorry Ames!) 

With full bravery, I typed "give birth naturally" on the search tab. Now THAT, my friend, considered to be one of bravest thing I've ever done. Cos the outcome was totally totally...... Indescribable. Curious? Go watch it yourself (if you dare) Ha! 

I went from give birth at hospital bed, give birth at home, to give birth on swimming pool, give birth on birthing pool... all the way to give birth while standing. Call me lunatic, but I couldn't help to watch it one by one. YouTube always has this smart "suggested videos" thumbnails so the story will go on and on until my hubby said, "CAN YOU STOP THAT?" His reaction went from "Ooh..." "Aah..." to "Eww.." "Yuck" until he couldn't take it no more. LOL 

But the (cough) pinnacle of this birthing madness, was when I caught one video that titled "cesarean birth/c section". O MY GOD. My fucking GOD. (Sorry I have to swear) It's only 4 minutes long but OH GOD. It was really disturbing.I know it's a common medical procedure, people do it all the time. But after watch the video, I become more and more against it. I know some women prefer to give birth that way (I still don't understand WHY?!), but I personally will try my best to give birth naturally. I pray hard to God so by the time I give birth, I'll be able to give birth naturally. I hope there won't be any complications such as placenta previa, etc. (Briefly explained in this video).

There are varies birthing alternatives and I'm not cynical to women who want to do C-section without any specific reason like the aforementioned video. But after reading articles about birthing and (blah) watched video about that, I strongly believe C-section is not for me. For the first time in my life, I don't surrounded with self doubts. I mean, many women (even ancient women) did the vaginal birth. As women who live in a modern world, we have many privileges that they didn't have. We can give birth on a sterile hospital bed, watched by professional doctor/midwifes, and on a comfort of our family. If they could do it then, why wouldn't we? After all, it's the time that we've been waiting for so long. Nine months long.. To see our baby for the very first time. To let our baby breathe its first air in this world. Don't you want to make it a beautiful memory? Even Kourtney K pulled her babies (both Mason & Penelope) out by herself. .(Rock on, KK!) That's really amazing, you know? 

I was like laughing so hard when one of my friend dying to do a C-section because she wanted to give birth on a "pretty date" like 11/11/11 or 12/12/12 or 10/10/10. WELL........ Ha Ha Ha. What's the point?! Even Steve Jobs was born on 11-8-1950.. Ummm not so pretty date for a man whom everyone looking forward to. Find a better reason la.. :D


PSsst... that's just my $.02 :) 

and please... can I hear   AMEN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised