Skip to main content

30.03.03 - 30.03.13



God must love me so much for He give me generous amount of blessing in my life..
On March 30 2013, I celebrated two major & important events. Both can only happens once in a lifetime. I called it a milestone. 

Dieter and I have been together for TEN years. Throughout those times we've been to hell, heaven, hell again, heaven again, in between. It's always been us against the world. But in the end we made it to our first decade. My sister said that I should change the anniversary date to our wedding date back in November. But somehow, we refuse to let 30 March 2003 gone away. It was indeed a remarkable 10 fucking years. We're inseparable, we couldn't let the day go by without seeing each other (I'm serious), he'd stood for me and vice versa. No one can beat either us or the power of our love. It's so HUGE that we could passed all the storms together. We've been down several times but managed to bounce up again and be stronger than ever. When I wrote it's always us against the world, well it does. The problem often came from "the third party". Mostly from my family... (my mother to be exact). Did we ever break up? No we didn't. 

The couples that are "meant to be" are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger than they were before.

_____________________________________

Last year our 9th year anniversary we got engaged. I thought it was a lovely coincidence that our engagement date were the same with the date he said he loved me. This year, I wouldn't call it another coincidence that our anniversary marked the date I get born again. 

I didn't make an overnight decision to convert to Catholic. It wasn't about Dieter, or anyone else. It's just simply an urge from within that told me to go through. I had been thinking about this for almost five years before I decided to step in the church and took that katakumen form. Why? Some people might think it's just a piece of paper. But I thought the other way. When I signed it and gave it back to the secretary, meant that I can NEVER go back to what I was. This is the decision that I made 100% without no one involved in making it. I don't want someday when Dieter & I caught in a row, I throw "I gave up my then religion for you!" words on him. I wanted this to be my one and solely decision..made by myself. No wonder I need 5 whole years to contemplate it. 

Being a Catholic is never easy. We have to go through some series of lessons for more than a year before we officially become one. But it's all worth it and I have my husband that stand beside me no matter what. As expected, my parents (again, my mother to be exact) disagree with my decision. As we all know, choosing a religion is the foremost human right. I finally agree to disagree. What happen next, I'll consider it a cross that I have to carry on my shoulder. I'll stand up with my own decision and not let anyone ruin it. 

I chose "Valerie" as my christening name. It's simply because I touched by her story.. So Valerie had a husband named Vitalis. They lived in Milan, Italy. Vitalis was an early martyr who died because his faith in Jesus. He was racked and then buried alive by the governor. His wife Valerie also died from their brutal treatment not long after as she stand firm and faithful to her faith & husband. I know it's a sad ending story, but I was touched by Valerie who was faithful to God and her husband. I want to be like her, who can stand firm no matter what thrown at me.. And you know what? Dieter's christening name is Valentinus. I am Valerie. So.. 

On a lighter note, yesterday was a lovely evening. Ran smoothly as well as the Holy Saturday masses.  I got baptized by the Father who baptized my husband AND officiated our wedding... Father Leo van Beurden. Another coincidence? Here's a few pictures that I got from the event.

the moment of truth

Father Leo pour the Holy Water into me
Ibu Liana (my mentor) gave me veil
I got my very own "lilin baptis"

thank God

That night was a special event to me, and if we take a look a bit closer to my "lilin baptis", there's a tiny picture attached on the bottom of it. And guess what it is? A mother who breastfeeding her son. Every one received a different candle so I was a bit surprised when I realized what I got. Oh God... Do I believe in coincidence? NO I DON'T. I believe in You. 


my candle :)

and finally... received my first communion

with my friends & mentors & Father Leo


another goup photo

with my darling, Valentinus

last but never ever least, with Father Leo



Dear God, I want to take a minute, not to ask for anything from You.. But simply to say THANK YOU for all I have. Thank you for being with me all the way, for never leaving me, and for loving me... as You've touched me in many ways. Amen.

Comments

Demetrius said…
Congratulations to you!


Everyone is watching you grow up and turn into a beautiful wife and mother. 10 years ago, they didn't believe in you!

You proved them wrong! ;) *lol*

Unknown said…
Congratulation tan!!

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised