Skip to main content

Marriage life so far...



We've been together for almost ten years before decided to get married. If someone asked what is the difference between the days when we were dating and today as husband and wife? Hmm I guess, none. Cos we used to be open about everything.. From our financial struggle to our silly dreams and even our family history. From our bad habits, our past, and weakness.. etc. So when we get married, we didn't experience the "new married couple" drama. I heard a lot about how man would act differently once they tied the knot. But no, we didn't experience it. We're all exactly the same, even better. I think that is one of many reason why our love stand through time. 

But we did struggle in one major area though.

I'm sure we all know about Love Language. Yup, those 5 love Languages. 
Well well well, it come as a surprise that turn out, our love languages are completely different. And I implicitly applied "MY" preferred love language to my partner. 
My choices of love languages are: 
1. Quality time 
2. Receiving gifts 
3. Physical touch
4. Words of affirmation
5. Acts of service 

I expected my partner to treat me the same as I treated him. When he's home, I spent time with him.. Even though I was drowsy but I never gone to bed without him. I gave the best gift every birthday, anniversary, christmas, etc. I made surprises. I always write him a love letter inside his lunch box, sent him encourage words and supports when it got tough at work. 

Then we had a fight. HUGE fight. On my birthday. 

I've always wanted to receive flowers on my special day. That morning, there's someone delivered a very pretty bouquet of flowers to our house. I thought, wow. Who sent this? I knew it wasn't from Mr. D. Turned out it was from my sister. As I walked through the house, I joked to Mr D, thanks for the beautiful flowers! To my surprise, he was ANGRY as hell. He yelled at me, he said that he's never be the man I expected him to be. He's go on and on and on, and I was like, it's my fucking birthday. What if this year is my last birthday?! Thanks for ruined it! I stepped out of the house with Vale and we're about to go (I didn't know where, I just need some fresh air to clear my head). As cliche as it may sound, but I got my heart broken. Instead of being happy on my birthday, I had a worst day of my life. Poor Vale he saw us fought each other. But my maid took him outside and let us finished our business. 

I was crying like a baby. I remembered my Dad never treats me like this. 
And it's just because one short sentence that supposed to be a joke! Mr D said the classic, "i know i can never give you some expensive gifts, flowers, and things. But i provide our life. I worked hard for us!" I was like, "who the hell wanted all of those?! Was i ever asking you to buy me chanel bags?! Never ever in million years! I'd rather work my ass off and buy it with my own money.."
It goes on and on like that til we reached a point where we realized that our love languages are totally different from each other. 

When we fight, we tend to emphasize our current issue with our past problems. 

When he said I didn't support him on his work, I said that I tried to encourage you by writing letters every day. I wrote that you did your best, that you're an impecabble leader, amazing father. And so on and so forth.. (words of affirmation). But where did it all go? To a trash bin? 

Mr D replied, "don't you write me letters ever again. I don't have time to read all those shits just show me something REAL." (Acts of service) 

---------------------------------
So that was it, 
I strongly think our love language is different. It's obvious. And I still haven't figured it out yet, how to balanced it. I'm tired of us fighting over nothing. It seems that what I do/write/say always wrong in his eyes. I know he got so much pressure at work, so I think for now silence is golden. Not dead silence, but I will examine things that coming out of my mouth. I'm exhausted...to the max. Besides, I have things to do too. I have a very active toddler who needs me, and I also have a lot of work to do to improve my business. I think I have to veered off from our relationship issue and see what happen. I ain't gonna freeze it, but I need some time to reflect. Hopefully it will get better in time. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised