Skip to main content

the new joy

Ciao! 

We gotta stay active and control our food intake to be in perfect shape.
Gym has been my choice as long as I care to remember. I started go to gym way back then when I was in junior high school. My mom happened to be a gym freak and she often invite me to join her class. I hooked. Along with me grown up, gym has been a so called -lifestyle-. Nowadays, if people want to go to the gym, they simply go to the nearest mall. With fabulous disco lights and trance music played so loud, gym reminds me with a club. Well, the only difference is we go to the gym in the morning, while we go back from the club in wee hour too. LOL. 

Exactly 6 months ago, I gave up my membership in one of gym at Bandung. I just couldn't stand it anymore. Beside the cost that getting pricier by day, I didn't really enjoy the atmosphere. At first I thought it was cool, but at last I was just tired. Too crowded. It's crazy when people dressed up to the gym. Like, really? Gossip spread around people I met in the gym. They were so obsessed in contouring their muscles instantly. I needed a break so I quit.
Post-gym break, I managed to stay in shape with routinely do little exercise in my house. Like sit-ups, squats, steps, and weight exercise, etc. But about four months ago, I found new love in yoga. There's a new studio opened near my house so I gave it a try and I loved it. Not only make me healthy, yoga can really restrain (control) my emotion. I think I became calmer each day. Yoga is all about breathing. I've received so many positive outcomes through yoga. Even though I'm far from mastering it, at least now I can do sun salutation by myself. LOL. 

some yoga movements

What about the cardio which is as important as the other exercise? I often joke that I do my cardio with shopping at the mall. I used to go to mall every chance I could, but now my schedule is getting tight cos I go back and forth to Majalaya everyday. I can't go to mall as often as I used to.. I don't feel productive at all. My job is about checking reports,  making financial reports, etc. Shortly, I spend most of the time in front of my laptop and drowned in those many many reports. 

double trouble - him is the green one. mine the cuter one.
That's when my love for bicycle grew.. I usually ride it in area near my house, never make it too far cos the street out there is too chaotic. But my boyfriend finally bought a bicycle a month ago and we started to bike together. He asked me to go out of the box, at first we go to Dago Car Free Day (the weekly event that held every Sunday morning till noon in Dago area). I was afraid, but then we passed it successfully from my house. After that, we fell for bicycle and always wanted for more. He even liked to ride from his house to mine. I ride it to my yoga studio. 

-------------------------

The interesting story happened last week, when we try what other bikers called as "challenging route" to Warung Bandrek. We went from my house very early on 6AM and go straight to Dago. After passing Dago Car Free Day area, here it comes! Man, that was the hardest and longest 4 kilometers I've ever been into. It took 2 hours to finally reach Warung Bandrek cos there were so many ascents along the road (the climb famously called as "Tanjakan Putus Asa" or "The Desperate Climb"). We've met so many people at that time, some encouraged us to move on, some insulted us to go back. There were stories created. Stories that I can share with you all right now. 
Anyway, when we got there, wow the feeling was indescribable! To see such an amazing view, with clear blue sky and pine trees surrounded us... It was priceless. Too bad I didn't bring my camera.. I never thought there's a place like that in Bandung. I even had a chance to see Bandung from the top. I was breathless. Oh, one more good thing: the "Bandrek Susu" was so delicious! I think it's the yummiest Bandrek I've ever drink. Can you believe it only cost IDR 5000? Overall, the two hours painful journey was really worthwhile when I see the view and drank Bandrek :) click to enlarge the photos.

breathtaking view


me posing in front of warung bandrek holding a glass of bandrek



yay we've made it!!


What I learn from this experience, there's so much more life out there than gym. For once in a very long time, I found the joy in not seeing my own reflection when I exercise in gym

Yoga teaches me to breath, so I can think clearer. And everytime I need a fresh air, I take my bicycle out and I usually go back with much better feeling. Do you realize that universe has really provide us everything we need? 






PS:
Bandrek is usually made of ginger, and other ingredients such as cinnamon, star anise, cloves, coriander seeds, cardamom pods, lemongrass, Indonesian palm sugar, and chillies. Milk can be added for sake of sweetness. Some people added coconut in their bandrek too. Yummy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised