Skip to main content

an angel has gone, a legend is born



It was almost 12AM local time when I checked my twitter timeline and bumped into Giuliana Rancic (from E! News) tweet. She tweeted,



I was in car, sitting next to my boyfriend. We're still on our way home from Jakarta. Tears Dry On Their Own played in car stereo.. Shocked, I immediately screaming and broke the silence between us. Dieter asked, "hey what happen?" I wanted to deliver the news to him, but I muted. My voice restrained in my throat. I looked at my boyfriend and he's getting confused. A minute later I said to him that Amy was found dead. 

We're both in dead silence. I knew he loves Amy as much as I do cos we listen to her songs every single days. 

He was like, "maybe it's just a cheap rumor!" I secretly wished it was too. But when I checked my timeline once again, #RIPAmyWinehouse has become a trending topic worldwide. I still couldn't believe my eyes. 
As a huge fan, I saw it coming. The last news I read about her was, "Doctor tells, sobers up or die". 
But when the death actually came, I still in deep saddened. I listen to her every day, inspired by his heartache lyrics and beautifully haunting voice that came from a tortured soul. 

Now she's gone, I hope the world will remember her as an exceptionally extraordinary talented artist than just a mere junkie who couldn't overcome her problems. My thoughts goes to Mitch Winehouse whom so kind to me on twitter (we chatted a bit every once in a while) and the rest of family.. Her brother Alex, her mom Janis, her goddaughter Dionne.. To her sweetest band Zalon, Ade, Heshima and crews. Maybe this is the best for her and I'm sure she's in a better place. She finally finds her peace. 

If I read about Amy, most people who knows "the real her" (before alcohol and drugs took her away) described her as "SWEET" person. Her "Hello darling" and "How you doin you alright?" will be missed. Sweet attitude that never fails to wave her hands to fans sincerely and even took photos. It's so sad cos I never had a chance to meet her or even watch her gigs.. I wish I was in London so at least I can arrange her flowers. But here I am, reminiscing Amy Winehouse as the most talented singer/songwriter in my generation. An angel has gone, but a legend is born. 

Amy Jade Winehouse, you and your music will remain in my heart forever
Rest In Peace Amy darling... I love you

RIP Amy Jade... 14 September 1983 - 23 July 2011



Comments

Demetrius said…
Hi Intan, nice tribute to Amy Winehouse. She is truly a legend… She made history with two great albums :)

2003 - 2011, the rise and fall of a superstar.
REST IN PEACE.

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised