Skip to main content

What I'm against

This is maybe weird and defying gravity for some out there, but I clearly write that there won't be any upcoming pre wedding photoshoot.
As much as I love photography, but I think I still keeping my feet on the ground, considering the fantastic price list from several known photographers in Indonesia. So someday, when we get married, you guests won't be seeing any pre wedding shots. Well, my boyfriend has this one idea, one photo that probably would be the only photo we have that goes in term "pre wedding" but I'm still not sure yet. Cos the photo takes a lot of guts & bravery from both sides. And also from the photographer's side
My friend who happened to found out our idea was like, you guys r insane. Shit happens dude.
That's all his saying. We just nodded.

Spending hefty million bucks for bunch of romantic and full of happiness photos? I move it to the "non-sense" file without a doubt. Cos what we are about facing next is much worse than that. marriage life is nothing like fairy tale story. At least that's what they say.. (my wedded friends)
Anyway, beside paying tens of million for the service alone, we have to take care the accommodations for the rest of the team, not forget to mention, the make up artist, hairstylist, etc etc.
Geez I'm no Mariah Carey. I don't need all these.

Let's be clear, shall we? what's the pre wedding photographs for? Oh for wall decoration? Or maybe, for show off to others? But hey, what things do you actually show off? Err... Your parents' wealthiness. OK I get it.

.........................
Someday in somebody's wedding, a few people murmur, "where's the photo taken? Oh Australia.. They must be come from a wealthy family." or on more cynical side, "No wonder, the groom's parents are rich!".. People stay for two seconds and left.
.........................
Someday in somebody's wedding, a few people murmur, "where's the photo taken? In her backyard? Agh poor lady." Again, they stare, and left after one second.
..........................

I personally didn't pay too much attention for those photos when I attended a wedding party. Cos you know, they're all look pretty much the same. Boring.

I've known a mother (not mine obviously), she said that no matter how fancy or not your wedding party will be, it only happen one night. judgmental people will keep things in their mind for only one night, well two nights max for some people. But YOU, young lady, you have to deal with what happens next. The new life. Don't sweat for useless things. Think about how to be a good, supportive wife. Share to your husband about how to raise children. Prepare for untimely financial crisis. There are so much more to worry about, than what happen in that night. Go traveling and see the world with your new husband. That would be make much more sense.

I was standing in awe. And again, nodded. I instantly reminiscent what my boyfriend had said earlier in the past. It's 90% the same.

No offense to everyone who already spent their fortune for these things. It's 100% their rights. But we think it's not us. If we dont prewed, we still be able to get married, do we? Its just some things that we against. Along with crazily expensive rented wedding dress (yes, RENT) and of course, a pricey make up. Come on, you don't wanna spend 20 million IDR for your make up alone, do you? Here's the secret, I might do my own make up. I'd rather go shopping for make up tools (which will last forever) than to pay make up artist. I'm just being realistic here OK. I've a capability to do my own make up. It's something that I can learn. Moreover, who else knows my weakness and strong point from my face beside myself?
Well cheers to the Duchess of Cambridge! Kate Middleton did her own makeup y'all.

All women want to look less than perfect on her wedding day, but doesn't mean they have to be blinded by worthless things and forget whats the true meaning of marriage. Cos the essence of marriage lays on the holy matrimony, not determined by vendors you choose ( the pricier the better). It's not how it works.

Its when you two exchange your vow with all your heart and when the Pastor finally declare "I now pronounce you as Husband and Wife. You may kiss the bride"





Again, it's only my $.02

Comments

siz said…
i like this post.
well, maybe i'm the person who want a wedding that is unforgettable. but still, knowing the amount we should spent for just one night is perfectly insane.
so lately i'm thinking to have my prewedding session captured by my own sister -which is definitely wont cost me anything and know the best angle of me- located anywhere that wont costs us and the dress, i will make them by myself. hahahaha..
save the money for your future life maybe sounds wiser for now.
anyway, you have to invite me when you get married! :)
Intan Juliana said…
Unfortunately, there's a very slim chance about any party held in the future. As he wants an intimate wedding where the guest invited are just him and I. LOL. But of course, I'll let you know if we change our mind. Hahaha.

You know what, we haven't even think much about it TBH.

The idea of your photos will be taken by your sister is massive! Yup, agreed with your point. If your sissy knows your best angle etc, why bother waste loads of money to a complete stranger?

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised