Skip to main content

Where to eat at Bandung?



If you're looking for a proper food, dare I say it, not much.
Obviously there are so many cafes in Bandung. But from what I've experienced, you would only get a disappointment. Especially food and service wise. I used to be a cafe hopper (not anymore), often felt I just got robbed and sorry to myself for I've stuffed my belly with bad food. To name a few, I've experienced as thin as paper pizza (with flour flavor), raw dory fish on my fish and chips, cold meat, half done chicken steak, a dead fly inside my food, etc. BOO! For the record, those foods came from a well known, hip, and "happening" cafes! 

I also frequently encountered some places that were nice and decent at first, but then experiencing a drastic decline on my next visit. They just can't keep up with their business. You know your place went well, then why don't try to maintain the quality? Otherwise, you wouldn't go anywhere but down.

I don't want to name it one by one cos maybe my standard and expectation are too high? Furthermore, I went to restaurant/cafe to EAT. Not to take a picture before and after meal. Unless the food are so effin good, I wouldn't bother take a pic!

However, I'm trying to gather my favorite restaurants on this list. Just in case you're starving. This is not necessarily in order and big chances I'll regularly update it. 

1. Chiba Cafe 
Jl. Dr. Rum no. 16 Bandung 
+62 22 4232260

This is Chiba, ladies and gents.
Don't judge a book by its cover is probably the truest phrase to describe this restaurant. Chiba will indulge your hungry tummy with top notch steaks and ribs. The building might look old and ancient (haha), inversely with the foods they served. I went to Chiba first time back in high school and I never feel any difference with either its taste and the interior design from every visit. It's funny how after millionth visit, the waiter/waitress never fails to say "be careful, the plate is hot".
My favorite dishes: Caesar Salad, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Pepper Steak with Grilled Potato Cheese.

Yummy!

2. Waroeng Ethnic Indonesian & European Food 
Jl. Rancabentang no. 18
+62 22 2031608 

All time favorite!

If you're looking for a cool, homey, and quiet place with a really nice food, then Waroeng Ethnic is the right choice. Located in North Bandung, the weather is a tad bit cold with garden view and its tiny swimming pool. It was formerly known as personal home, before the owner magically turned it into a beautiful restaurant. Opening hours is from 7AM to 11PM, Waroeng Ethnic served both Indonesian and European food. I prefer the latter, but some says Indonesians food are just as good. Whether day or night, you can never go wrong with it. Housing the signature, finest Rosti and Sole fish, be prepare to taste the food that unlike any others. 
My favorite dishes: Ragi Rosti, Pan Fried Sole, Goulash Soup, Fried Mushroom, and Garlic Bread.

me before eating like gorilla

3. Fiori Bistro
Jl.Ir. H. Djuanda 501
+62 22 2500222

Another option to those of you who love European food.. Trust me, you wouldn't wants miss this place! Seriously. I was surprised at my first visit, because the place is so tiny (but cozy with its black and white interior). If I remember correctly, there are only 5 tables inside and another 5 tables outside. But the taste is superb! I have nothing more to say cos you have to try it by yourself :) This might sound cheesy, but when Dieter and I went there, we feel like it's our "first date" all over again. There's a hint of romance in this small place.


4. Eastern Restaurant 
Istana Plaza GF
Jl. Pasirkaliki 121 - 123
+62 22 6046678

Eastern is undoubted my favorite Chinese restaurant in Bandung. Its famous chilli oil has brought me back for more. They serve a mouth-watering modernized Chinese food, that's why the menu are all familiar.. Compare to Queen and Imperial Restaurant, the price is incredibly low. Service is also great, they hire a lot waiter & waitress so we never run out of them. I mean, they're everywhere. Quick and decent. I like that. Eastern almost never turn me down, except one evening when the waiter forgot to include one of menu we ordered on order list. Other than that, all is good :)


5. Fashion Pasta
Jl. Resor Dago Pakar No 18 A
+62 22 2516101 


the all new Fashion Pasta


Apart from bags & shoes that made in Italy, I'm also a huge fan of Italian men food.
We have endless choices of Italian restaurants at Jakarta or even Bali, but not at Bandung. As far as I concern, the one and only restaurant that served the best Italian dishes is none other than Fashion Pasta. The pizza, calzone, salad, steaks, dessert, everything is perfecto! They also have a wide range selection of wine to choose from.
Anyway, Fashion Pasta is indeed a fashionable restaurant. Recently moved in to a new place (a better place and much better parking) we can find many paintings & artworks adorning its wall that made by the owner himself, Andrea Aliani. If he's around, he always say hi to his customers by approaching their table.. He asks "how is the food?" all the time or simply, "enjoy your dinner tonight". One time, he came by to our table and asked, "I know you guys don't come from Jakarta. Cos Jakartans always put all their gadget on the table!" LOL.
SO if you feel like eating Italian, Fashion Pasta promises you a good, fine evening.


6. Thai Palace
 Istana Plaza 2nd Floor B7 Jl. Pasirkaliki 121 - 123 
+62 22 6040999



Tom Yam, anyone?
 
Thailand food is very addictive. Hot and sour is their specialties. Thai Palace is my favorite place to eat Thai food in Bandung. The taste stays the same so they always leave me wanting more. There are two branches, but the one in Istana Plaza serves better than the other one at Dago. Tom Yam Goong is so good. It can cure the longing of Thailand food for a while. Great service and cleanliness is adding the pros. It's packed on weekend so I always manage to go there on weekday. 










That's all for today folks. I don't really took pics before meal so sorry if there's not so many pics. However, I'll add my favorite Japanese restaurant later on (one thing for sure, it's not Sushi Tei! LOL) Stay tuned! 






Edit 1

Sadly, I have to remove Fashion Pasta from the list. I went there last night and everything had gone horribly wrong. Especially the food. It didn't taste the same no more :(  I'm not sure why, but I deplored it. I hope Andrea is in the making of major changes, otherwise his devote fans will runaway and find another restaurants to eat pasta. Ciao Andrea. Ciao Fashion Pasta.











Comments

julius said…
try foie gras at chiba, its fly to the moon kind of delicious,

Julius
Miss Karmia said…
Hi!
Found this post when I was looking for a recommendation for a nice resto to celebrate my anniversary. I ended up celebrating the anniv at Waroeng Ethnic and loved it! Thanks a lot to you..glad that I 'follow' your suggestion! :)

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised