Skip to main content

phe-nanny-nomenal




Here in Indonesia's two major cities, Jakarta and Bandung, we often stumbled upon a young family of four six (husband, wife, and two kids, two nannies). Not one, but two nannies in tow! One child = one nanny. And their parents are busy with their smartphones. No joke guys, I've seen those sights many many times. 

If previously I really didn't give a shit about that, now it's different cos I'm pregnant. I began to pay attention to those things. Well.. I couldn't help but wonder, is baby sitting THAT hard? Till you have to hire somebody else to take care of your kid? The case would be different if both parent are working. So maybe they don't have enough time to take care their own kid. (Tho I still prefer to seek help from my mom or mom in law instead of nanny.) BUT if you're a housewife, why don't you take care of your kid by yourself? That make me wonder.


Well, to be objective, it's perfectly fine to hire a "helper". But we have to know our portion as a mother, and her portion as a mere "helper". Instant example, we take care 100% of our kid while the helper (as obvious as its name) only helping us a tad bit. Cleaning bottles perhaps? Or doing the laundry? But I can't stand seeing those "helpers" feed the baby (in most cases, nanny eat the leftover of baby's food for the sake of getting compliment from her employer) or even sleep with the precious baby because the parent don't want to be disturb at night! (there are also cases where nanny give the baby a small doze of sleeping pill!) 

Here's the thing, we can't just GIVE our baby away... I read somewhere around the net, there's a blogger who described this situation as, "hamil dinanti-nanti, udah lahir diurus nanny". Isn't it ironic?

I personally, don't want to miss any single moment of my developing baby. I wanna be the first person who see my baby roll over, I wanna witness my baby doing all his "firsts", I wanna make sure he spell the word "mama" first before "papa" (now that's selfish. LOL).  If that make me 1000 times more tired, dirtier, and all, I don't care. Because I am now a mother. It's the part of the consequences I take when I decided to be a mother. I wanna involve in all my baby's situation. When he cries, hungry, happy, playful, poop, pee, sick, naughty, etc. Because time moves forward., not backward. Remorse is not an option. I don't want our child have this "mental pembantu" thingy because he spend more time with his nanny than his parents. Mr. D and I believe that behind every successful person, there's a parent who fully support him. And we don't think they gotten take care by nanny while they were young... 


____________________________

To end this phe-nanny-nomenal post, I would like to add that we're against the society who told us to make two babies at once (i.e. with 2 years spare time between child #1 and child #2). We want to take care our child as best as we could, give him a proper education, as well as mental training. We just don't want to FEED him with food. And in the end, if we can only manage to have one child, so be it. Because we know our purpose of having a child in the first place. Not to "kejar setoran" or fulfilling people's questions ("kapan punya anak lagi?") But to raise a child that someday we can be proud of.. 

I learned this a lot from my amazing husband. His way of thinking and mindset is way beyond his age. Sometimes I can't keep up my pace when I'm running with him (he always runs). But as we live together, slowly but sure I get to understand him even though I'm not even half as good as a person he is. But surely the day will come :) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.

I'm shaking as I type this.  After so many years I haven't update my blog, but i feel like now i need it more than ever.  Writing use to be my therapy.  so. my husband died. on 22-11-22 to be exact.  85 days ago  there. i say it.  you won't believe how much courage i've gathered to type this post here. the very blog that witness our journey. from a hopeless teenager, to finally got married, and eventually became parents of two adorable kids. too bad i didn't get a chance to update it more. however i frequently updated my twitter & instagram. so there are traces of our journey there as well.  how do i feel? PAIN. EXCRUCIATING PAIN. A PAIN THAT IMPOSSIBLE TO CURE My heart so tattered that there's nothing more to be torn. He died a sudden death. I won't go into details, at least not now. Our 20 years journey ended abrubtly. there goes our future hopes and dreams. __________________ I begin to questioning the existence of God. We've lead a good life. we&

D a d d y

Dearest,  We both know that we've been through some major ups and downs. There were those hard times when we didn't look each other's eyes.. But also there were those happier times when we laughed together and hugged each other very tight. Sorry cos I haven't make you proud.. :( But that doesn't mean I love you any less.  Deep down inside I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for being the best Dad in the world.. You've no idea how much I love and adore you. Happy birthday! GBU abundantly xoxo

bye bye baby...

bye bye baby... Valentino Rossi's career at Yamaha finally comes to an end after seven years full of bittersweet memories.. Next year, he will be "back home" to Ducati and maybe will finish his motoGP career there. I can't imagine how motoGP would be without Rossi. It will be the end of an era. first kiss, first winning Last week GP at Valencia was very emotional and heartbreaking especially for Rossi who had to kiss his Yamaha M1 for the last time, just like what he did seven years ago at Welkom (first winning with Yamaha). From what I've read in his autobiography book, Rossi considered his M1 as a woman, a girlfriend whom he loved dearly.. Too bad Yamaha finally chosen Lorenzo instead of Rossi (I read somewhere that Rossi would do anything he can to be with Yamaha till the end of his career, he wouldn't mind being a mechanic or else). Geez! Does Yamaha forget everything that Rossi has done for them? Yamaha was a trash back then! Rossi came and raised